Friday, May 4, 2012

Follow My Mission Team's Journey to Haiti

Check out our team blog here: http://healinghaiti-kd.blogspot.com/


I am so blessed.. so incredibly blessed to have been called by God to be a mission leader for Healing Haiti. God called me to Haiti January 2011, which was the first time I had been to a third world country... my first time ever on a mission trip. My life did a 180 after that trip to Haiti. The lenses I saw through after  seeing absolute poverty transformed my life in ways that words cannot describe. During my final semester  of college, God placed leading a group of young adults to Haiti on my heart. I tried everything to get a trip together; I contacted different connections I had at my school and sought out ways to make this group happen. I wanted so badly to share this life changing experience with the people my age... I wanted to open their eyes to see the things I had seen, feel the things I felt, and to be motivated to living their lives with PURPOSE and SIGNIFICANCE beyond our material life. Well, the ideas in my head where stronger than the opportunity to lead the group... at the time. I offered the idea of leading the group back up to God; I gave Him control over it. The idea just seemed so impossible, everything and everyone was failing me. My summer plans turned out differently than I had expected. Instead of leading a group, I did a three week mission trip to Haiti where I immersed myself into many different aspects of Haiti. Looking back on the three weeks, God was using this time to prepare me for the big plans He had in store for me. I observed several different group leaders, engaged in all different serving activities, and was able to get more familiar with the Haitian culture. Upon returning home, I reserved a week in June 2012 to lead a group to Haiti. The urge to do the impossible was too strong. I placed all my trust in God.. and He proved to me that all things are possible with Him... (Matthew 19:26)


 And here we are today...A group of 12 young adults between the ages of 20-30 years old traveling to Haiti!! The stories of how God has brought this team together are just so beautiful. He has hand picked each and every team member... placed Haiti on their hearts... and put them in my mist. Each and everyone of them is a gift from God, and I feel so honored and blessed to be able to serve next to each of them in June. It brings tears to my eyes to think about the opportunity God has placed before them... before me. We are so blessed, so truly blessed, to be able to serve some of the poorest people in the world (and to allow them to CHANGE our lives FOREVER). 

It has been a roller coaster over the past few months as the team has been forming and trip arrangements becoming complete. There has been ups and downs, disappointments and exhilarating joys... but most of all LOTS OF PRAYER and TRUST IN GOD to provide. And He has. He has heard our cries... He has heard our Prayers..and He is continually responding and answering on His time... because His time could not be any more perfect (Ecclesiastes 3:11, Isaiah 49:8)

I have asked God to prepare me for this week in Haiti. I have shared with Him my worries and my concerns, but He continues to remind me that He has chosen me....not by accident.  When I look upon the week with fear, I remind myself that with God's will and plans I should not be concerned...but TRUST.  He has given me the most perfect leader, His Son Jesus, to show me the way. I will carry my cross... offer up all my anxieties, fears, and negative esteem.. and follow the way, the truth, the light. 

I invite you to pray with me and my team as we prepare for what God has planned for us during this mission trip to Haiti. May He continue to provide for our needs... give us safety and protection while we serve.. and break our hearts WIDE OPEN to see the world how He sees it. May He give us the strength we need to serve, and the courage to see our world through new lenses...

 May we ALWAYS seek to bring Him glory. 
-Kristina DeMuth
The cross at the Mass Graves from the 2010 Earthquake in Haiti. *


All dreams are possible.. with God. *


The walls of Grace Village. Healing Haiti's orphanage, worship space, and feeding center for the people of Haiti. *




A baby in Cite Soleil waiting a bath at the water truck stop. *


A young boy at the Cathedral. *


After the 2010 earthquake, the cross was the only part of the whole church that stood standing. *


* All photos are a copy right of Ryan Koch Photography and taken on my Haiti trip January 2012 http://www.RyanKochPhotos.com/



Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."- Matthew 19:26

He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also put eternity in their hearts, but  man cannot discover the work God has done from beginning to end. - Ecclesiastes 3:11

This is what the Lord says, " In the time of my favor I will answer you, and the day of salvation I will help you..." - Isaiah 49:8

Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall fall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not be faint. - Isaiah 40:28-31 

I can do all things through HIM who strengthens me. - Philippians 4:13 






http://healinghaiti-kd.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment