Tuesday, January 10, 2012

God spoke to me yesterday.

Call it coincidence or maybe just pure chance, but I am convinced that God spoke to me yesterday. I was upgraded to first class on my way home from Haiti; for whatever reason I was not assigned a seat, so the lady at the desk chose a spot for me and gave me one of the best seats in the house. A totally undeserving surprise that put me into shock. When I got to my seat, I was in complete disbelief.  I am pretty sure the flight attendant was getting a kick out of my excitement. When we arrived in the Miami airport yesterday, a few of the team members and myself had Chinese food for dinner. I grabbed a handful of fortune cookies and passed them out to the team saying, "Hopefully God will bless us all with good luck and success." My fortune cookie message said, " You will be a bundle of energy, always on the go." It was pretty cute...pretty generic. After time had passed for a bit, I grabbed two more fortune cookies for the plane ride.. just in case I needed a little snack later... and headed back to wait for the flight to Minnesota from Miami. While waiting to board, I wrote a blog about staying awake for God's signs and his voice speaking through our lives (see my blog below).  I posted the blog, and immediately boarded the plane. I sat next to a very nice couple and showed them pictures from my trip to Haiti; they were pretty blown away by the pictures and really interested in the work we were doing there. About half way through the plane ride, when all the people around me had pretty much fallen asleep, I opened up one of the fortune cookies in my bag, ate the cookie, and read the message. UNBELIEVABLE. In all of the years that I have eaten fortune cookies, I have never had a message say anything like this. And trust me, I have eaten plenty of fortune cookies in my day... I used to collect the messages for scrapbooking. The message put me into total and complete shock and made me realize that God is really speaking to me in my life. The message said,




 Totally ironic that I had just written about signs from God and opened a fortune cookie to read a message about Him. I just find it odd that a fortune cookie from a public restaurant would have such a message and that it would be revealed to me at such timing.

The good news that God revealed to me is that He is listening to me... He is revealing Himself to me in small, yet simple ways. And His messages are NOT failing to go unnoticed. We are called to have faith like a Child... and that is EXACTLY what I am doing. Believing, trusting, and not second guessing His calling..His plans.. and His signs.

"God will help you overcome any hardships." ... is true for all of us, not just myself. I have seen God help my friends in Haiti... I have seen Him help my friends in Minnesota.. and I have seen Him help my own self.

4 comments:

  1. How cool is that. Glad that you had such a wonderful trip. You are truly an inspiration. God's blessings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Awesome. Don't you just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how He works!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete